Monday, February 29, 2016

     Four travellers, not very well acquainted with the cross-road they were journeying, began to look out for a finger-post.  Soon after this one of them cried out, "I think I can see one yonder, in the distance;" "and I believe that I can see it too, about half-a-mile off," rejoined another; "and I am almost certain that I can see it," added the third, "it stands up higher than the hedges."  "Well, well!" said the fourth, "you may be right, or you may be wrong, but we had better make the best of our way to it, for while we keep at such a distance, whether it be a finger-post or not, it will be of little use to us."
     Now I want you all to draw near to the Saviour of sinners, and not to be satisfied with "thinking," or "believing," or being "almost certain" that He is your Redeemer;  I want you to see Him as your Saviour, as distinctly as you can see the sun in the skies, and to break out with all the conviction and fervency of Thomas the Apostle, "My Lord and my God!" John 20:28.
                                                                                                                                               O. Mogridge

No comments:

Post a Comment