Monday, April 18, 2016


Be surety for thy servant for good.....Psalms 119:122


     The keen eye of the world may possibly not be able to affix any blot upon my outward profession; but, "if thou, Lord, shouldst mark iniquities; O Lord, who shall stand?"  The debt is continually accumulating, and the prospect of payment as distant as ever.  I might well expect to be "left to my oppressors," until I should pay all that was due unto my Lord.  But behold!  "Where is the fury of the oppressor?" Isa. 51:13.  The surety is found the debt is paid the ransom is accepted the sinner is free.  There was a voice heard in heaven-“Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom," Job 33:24.  The Son of God himself became "Surety for a stranger," and "smarted for it," Prov. 11:15.  At an infinite cost--the cost of his own precious blood--he delivered me from "mine oppressors"--sin--Satan--the world--death--hell.
                                                                                                                                           Charles Bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment