Saturday, January 16, 2016

   In looking thro’ my tears one day,
   I saw Mount Calvary,
   Beneath the cross there flowed a stream
   Of grace, enough for me.

   While standing there, my trembling heart,
   Once full of agony,
   Could scarce believe the sight I saw
   Of grace, enough for me.

   When I beheld my ev’ry sin
   Nailed to the cruel tree,
   I felt a flood go thro’ my soul
   Of grace, enough for me.

   When I am safe within the veil,
   My portion there will be,
   To sing thro’ all the years to come
   Of grace, enough for me.

   Chorus:
   Grace is flowing from Calvary,
   Grace as fathomless as the sea,
   Grace for time and eternity,
   Grace, enough for me.
                                              E. O. Excell


     Men talk about grace, but, as a rule, they know very little about it.  Let a businessman go to a banker’s to borrow a few hundred dollars for sixty or ninety days; if he is well able to pay, the banker will perhaps lend him the money if he can get another responsible man to sign the note with him.  They give what they call “three days’ grace” after the sixty or ninety days have expired; but they will make the borrower pay interest on the money during these three days, and if he does not return principal and interest at the appointed time, they will sell his goods; they will perhaps turn him out of his house, and take the last piece of furniture in his possession.
     That is not grace at all, but that fairly illustrates man’s idea of it.  Grace not only frees from payment of the interest, but of the principal also.  The grace of God frees us from the penalty of our sin without any payment on our part.  Christ has paid the debt, and all we have to do is to believe on Him for our salvation.
                                                                                                                                    Dwight L. Moody 

No comments:

Post a Comment