Wednesday, December 30, 2015


I gave my life for thee,                   Gal. 2:20
My precious blood I shed,             1 Pet. 1:19
That thou might'st ransomed be,    Eph. 1:7
And quickened from the dead.       Eph. 2:1
I gave My life for thee;                  Titus 2:14
What hast thou given for Me?        John 21:15-17

I spent long years for thee            1 Tim. 1:15
In weariness and woe,                  Isa. 53:3
That an eternity                           John 17:24
Of joy thou mightest know.           John 16:22
I spent long years for thee;           John 1:10-1I
Hast thou spent one for Me?         1 Pet. 4:2

My Father's home of light,             John 17:5
My rainbow-circled throne,            Rev. 4:3
I left, for earthly night,                   Phil. 2:7
For wanderings sad and lone.        Matt. 7:20
I left it all for thee;                         2 Cor. 8:9
Hast thou left aught for Me?          Luke 10:29

I suffered much for thee,               Isa. 53:5
More than thy tongue may tell,      Matt. 26:39
Of bitterest agony,                        Luke 22:44
To rescue thee from hell.               Rom. 5:9
I suffered much for thee;               1 Pet. 2:21-24
What canst thou bear for Me?       Rom. 8:17-18

And I have brought to thee,            John 4:10-14
Down from My home above,          John 3:13
Salvation full and free,                   Rev. 21:6
My pardon and My love.                Acts 5:31
Great gifts I brought to thee;          Ps. 68:18
What hast thou brought to Me?     Rom. 12:I

Oh, let thy life be given,               Rom. 6:13
Thy years for Him be spent,         2 Cor. 5:15
World-fetters all be riven,             Phil. 3:8
And joy with suffering blent;         1 Pet. 4:13-16
I gave Myself for thee:                  Eph. 5:2
Give thou thyself to Me!               Prov. 23:28
                                                                    Frances Ridley Havergal 


“The Good Shepherd giveth His life for the sheep.”  Oh, wonderful gift! not promised, but given; not to friends, but to enemies.  Given without condition, without reserve, without return.  Himself unknown and unloved, His gift unsought and unasked, He gave His life for thee a more than royal bounty.....Oh, grandeur of love!  “I lay down My life for the sheep!”  And we for whom He gave it have held back, and hesitated to give our lives, not even for Him (He has not asked us to do that), but to Him!
                                                                                                                        Frances Ridley Havergal                              
                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment